Saturday, January 30, 2010

2009 in Review

I officially need the world's worst blogger award. It's sad because I even have moments, where I'm like I need to blog about this, then I just forget or get too busy. I don't have a need to always be on my computer like before when I was in school, so I hardly ever turn it on anymore. I promise I'll try to get better, even if its short posts. I haven't blogged since the new year and I'll start by saying I"m not really a fan of New Year's Resolutions. I mean they're great for some people, but personally I like to be working on things all during the year, although the end of year can be good to review things, I don't generally make new goals only at the beginning of a year. With that said I'll do a little recap of 2009, overall it was a decent year with a lot of changes. I became a college graduate, I went on four airplane ride trips I like to call them (I don't generally consider camping trips as vacations) on those were some of the best and worst moments of 2009. I started a new "career" type job and considering the economic time of 2009, that is a huge deal. I welcomed a new family member, yes I am talking about the dog Bella although not all days do I like to claim her. I successfully went through 2009 without a car accident :) I became quite the daredevil by zip-lining in one of the top places in the world, went parasailing over the ocean, swam with dolphins and swam in the second largest coral reef in the world. I witnessed the first African American being sworn into presidential office. I had the great opportunity of free tickets to Jazz home games when I would shoot for them. I had the opportunity to join an LDS sorority, something I didn't do while I was a student, but am grateful for the opportunity. I had the opportunity to attend a funeral for a family member, I wish I didn't have to say bye to quite so soon, but know she's in a better body and had a greater need not on this earth. All in all it was a good year for me and I'm excited to see what 2010 brings. I've already had a lot of fun this month. Shelley for Christmas gave me tickets to an absolute amazing Jazz vs. Suns game on Monday. Even though I was sick and had no voice, I was screaming with excitement. I've also started sorority back up, there seems to be some fun activities coming up. I'm still a sunbeam teacher, now with 6 little kidlets. They're fun but definitely a handful. My car is still so much fun to drive. I'm a little shocked I haven't gotten a ticket yet, I guess I know when and when not to speed :) (hopefully the insurance company doesn't read this) Well, here's to 2010 I'm sure it will be a good one!

0 comments: