Sunday, September 13, 2009

A little update

I've had quite the adventurous week.  It was nice to have Monday off with the holiday (although I think it spoiled me a little too much)  I was at the branch this week and getting into the swing of things a little more, it's weird there are some changes from when I was there so I always feel like I have to double check myself and probably sound like I don't know anything in the process.  I also joined a sorority with Sam (I can't remember if I already blogged about it or not).  No worries it's an LDS one at the U we're in the Rho chapter and seems like we'll have a lot of fun.  We meet on Wednesday nights and have our induction banquet this week.  Last week we also did exchanges on Thursday night with this fraternity.  We thought it'd be a small group going to like Cold Stone, no there was like 50 guys at a house.  They were all really sweet and made sure the girls got ice cream first.  It was something extremely out of my comfort zone, but quite a fun adventure.  While we were waiting to go on the exchange another fraternity asked a few of us to sit in on a courtship question/answer panel.  It was interesting/kind of funny to hear what guys were thinking, again something out of my comfort zone (I blame Sam on doing that one).  On Saturday after a work barbque I went to Taylor's birthday party, she just turned 7 I can't believe how old she is.   It was getting dark and I started taking pictures (Aspen was the only one who'd pose for me) it was so funny though my flash is so bright and I have to hold out the shutter so long to get anything to show up.  She would hold open her eyes thinking that would help.  Here's a few of her and Taylor.





Besides that I've been getting a lot of reading in, in a way it's nice to have an hour lunch.  I also decided no more excuses and I need to start back at the gym again.  I used that I was too sick from what I had before, then my wrist was hurt, well no matter what is going on I just need to go.  I can see how quickly all that work before will just be undone.  And for whatever reason lately I've had a huge appetite, which makes it worse.  Hopefully, I can jump back in and have no excuses.  Well I can't believe how fast the weekend went, I keep thinking how badly I already need a vacation, that can't be good!

1 comments:

Sam Wright said...

Haha, you have to admit that panel thing was pretty fun! Aren't you glad I dragged you to that? Haha, just kidding. Cute pics!