Sunday, September 27, 2009

No more bitterness, not quite sweet, but at least the bitter is gone

I feel bad I've left this blog all week long with that bitter post. I promise I got over it, actually by Monday I was feeling a lot better about things (the chiro always helps things). I've been busy busy busy yet again. I don't know how I have time for a full-time job, but I somehow manage to squeeze it in, with little time to do laundry and other necessary things to live or just use my lunch hour to get things in. This week for sorority we did an exchange with a fraternity. We played a game, I can't even remember the name of it. The basic point you were tied to someone and had to go all the way to the Smiths on 8th and 9th and there was two cars of people looking for you. Well, since I had a huge purse, wasn't really in the mood to run that far and I was with a guy feeling the same way, we ran (hiding behind cars) across the parking lot and just drove there. I know we cheated, but not like there was a big prize at the end. After we were running we were getting to know each other. He guessed me right at 22 and guess how old he was? Yup, a little 18 year old. I think younger then my little sister. I was like dude I'm old haha. He was still a nice kid and talking to him sure beat trying to run around in the dark. On Friday was the much anticipated Engineering Iditarod at the U. It was the thing I was working at my old job for so long trying to get prizes for. I did end up with my coveted autographed picture. My Grandparents were both able to come, including my Grandpa who was part of our team and even sported our uniform. My Grandma was afraid I wouldn't win the picture so she made me a poster just in case with all his pictures on it. I must say I like it very much.

(Here's one she took of our team and sled I
haven't uploaded the pictures I took yet)
Saturday early morning was the last practice for our primary program. I honestly can say I love my calling. Especially teaching the young kids, they do/say the funniest stuff. That night me and my mom went back to the church to watch the relief society broadcast and have a dinner. It was very tasty. We both go so tired when we got home and were in bed way before 10. We decided they must have put sleeping pills in our food. Not like I did too much during the day, I cleaned a bit, but mostly sat and watched college sports after a short trip to the grocery store. Today was the program, I was worried how my kids would do in front of an audience. I only had one girl who didn't want to get up, I stood up with her and ended up saying her part which didn't really surprise me. Everything else was fine, except I don't know who's brilliant idea it was to put the three year old on the chair that controls the audio and makes the pulpit go up and down. Even I wanted to press the buttons and to a kid it was the hardest thing not to touch it. I probably told them 10 times during it to not touch, then they'd yell I wasn't I just wanted to look at it. Well that's about it. I feel like I"m forgetting some large event of the week and I sure feel busier then this post makes it seem. I hope this week continues going well. I closed my first loan by myself last week (its actually only the second closing I've ever done) my manager looked over it after and said nothing was wrong and the guy I did it for was extremely nice (much better then the first one) and even said I was very good at what I do, which made me feel better. I feel like I'm settling in better. I had a busy day Friday and paperwork to look forward to tomorrow, but being busy at least makes it go by faster. Well here's to a good Monday (it has to go fairly ok, I got all my laundry done tonight :)

0 comments: