Sunday, February 28, 2010

Reflections

As I'm sitting here at this mess I call a room, I'm reflective what I've been through growing up in here. It's a bittersweet moment. I'm soo excited for this new adventure and truly feels its the next step I need to be taking, however, anytime there's change it's always hard. I spent much of yesterday getting the big stuff moved in. I bought a new couch, bed, bookcase and of course got my lovesac and tv there. They were nice enough to let us start moving in then instead of everything tomorrow. Now I'm left deciding what to take from my old room, my parents are nice enough to let me leave everything else here, mostly furniture that won't fit or little trinkets that I'm not sure I'll want right at first. I'm also deciding on what things to keep. Of course I"d love to keep every little thing that serves as a memory of something, but on the other hand it's not worth it. I also officially am not a primary teacher anymore. That one was the hardest to give up. I love the kids I teach, they really let me go with a bang today, I had seven! I've had this calling for the last two years and a couple months and I've just loved it. I love seeing the new sunbeams come at the beginning of the year and how they just cry, but after a couple weeks they're so excited and run to give you a hug. I also learned a few lessons from them:

1. any problem can be solved with a sticker
2. bribery only works for about 2 minutes
3. don't expect 3 year olds to listen for more then a 5 minute lesson
4. it's not uncommon to have 3 prayers during a class, beginning, middle and closing or sometimes two closings or sometimes a prayer for everyone in the class to take a turn
5. kids don't care if you're a good singer or not, so might as well just do it and not care
6. they really are smart, I'm shocked at some of the things they can remember

I'm excited where this new adventure will take me in life. It helps that I'm still living in the same valley as my parents and can come home whenever I need to. I promise I"ll post pictures as soon as everything is put together!


PS my bed is just as amazing as I was hoping and expecting I can't wait :)

1 comments:

Le Fabuleux destin d'Alex said...

Like I told sammy is going to be ALL GOOD!!!