Thursday, June 19, 2008

Really need a change of luck

Well, I'll start out with the good news for the day, then tell you all about the rest of it. I got a call back from the doctor, the x-ray turned out just fine so probably just did something to a ligament or muscle or something my chiro says since I stand on it all the time probably 2 to 3 weeks full recovery. Alright so here was the start to my day. Now I haven't been at my branch since Monday since the workshop I went to yesterday was at our operations center. So, I pull in this morning to find two guys standing by the employee door and no one else around. I got a little concerned wondering what they'd try to do. I decided to call my manager and the service manager who also happened to be the person who normally opens with me. Well, I can't get a hold of either of them. I finally decided to talk to them to see what they wanted. Come to find out they are internal auditors (so they work for us and were sent from our operations center) I still did not want to let them in even after seeing the DFCU badges because you just never know. I kept trying and finally got a hold of the service manager who i happened to wake up. I guess she had a lot of overtime and the manager asked if she'd come in at 9:30. Well, come to find out he forgot to have anyone come in early although someone was scheduled for 8:30 who called to let me know they were on their way. I again apologized and said no offense but I dont feel comfortable letting you in unless I had management approval. They understood and said actually they go to some branches where people let them in without even getting their ID or anything. Finally at 8:29 the manager pulls up and I introduced the gentleman as auditors from the ops center. His face was pretty priceless I must say. I asked if he wanted to clear the branch or I should and he said he would. Anyway, they ended up staying most of the morning. They were really nice, but it still scared the crap out of me. I seriously don't have luck with auditors. The manager even told them the story of the auditor from NCUA asked me all the questions but no one else. All in all I think I did what I was supposed to obviously erring on the side of being extremely cautious probably more then necessary he said I probably could have let them in after IDing them. Anyway, I'm glad its over but just thought I'd let all of you have a good afternoon laugh.

0 comments: