Sunday, September 07, 2008

Crazy Times

Wow, what a difference a few weeks can make. My life has totally changed since the last time I did a post. I started school back up since then, which has probably been the cause for most of the change. It is finally my senior year! I hope, if things work out how they're supposed to I'll be done Spring '09. I can't wait, even though I do love school. I also, just last week actually, gave my two weeks after 16 months at DFCU. I'm really really really sad to be leaving. I'll terribly miss everyone I work with and even some (key word there some) of the members that come in. After seeing some almost everyday you develop a friendship with them. My last official day there is September 19, but I offered to come in on Tuesdays until they hire someone new, because one of the other tellers, Lidia, is quiting soon too and I just want to help transition everything. With the end of one job comes the beginning of another. I actually applied for this one because I thought I"d be getting an internship with KSL and knew I'd need something flexible, well that didn't happen (they give me a scholarship but won't let me work for them for free, go figure) It also is my sister JJ's old job at school. I'll be working with the Dean's office in engineering. I"m really excited actually It'll be really flexible with my schedule, less hours and more money. I'll be doing a variety of different things, one I"m most excited about is on Thursdays ( since I don't have any classes on that day) going to different schools around the valley promoting the college. I've done this a little before when I was on Taylorsville Youth Council and had a ton of fun. Along with a new school year came the opportunity for a new internship. It's working on a new radio show with state legislators giving them a voice. I help one of the state senators, along with another intern. We just had a first show Saturday, it was insanely crazy, but a huge hit a lot bigger response then any of us thought. We're just on an AM station, but with how the first show went they're hoping after 6 months to move it onto a bigger one. It's been way cool to see firsthand and help a production get started. We run the sound board, gather story ideas, basically produce the show. It's a lot of pressure, huge time commitment, and highly stressful but I"m loving everything about it. It's so neat having ideas, helping form them and seeing it take off and actually become something. Wow, I've already typed a ton and there's still so much more. On Friday me and my dad competed in a cooking contest at the state fair. Any of you know my dad, you know how he's traveled a lot of places and won a lot of things for his cooking. Well, this competition only had 7 teams and guess what we didn't even place. It was a grab bag, we didn't have any idea what food would be there and if someone else took something you wanted, then too bad. It went fairly well, I won't go into all the details, except for one minor thing. We accidentally put salt instead of sugar in the glaze of our orange rolls. They were extremely nasty to say the least and needless to say we didn't win anything. Oh well you learn. We did go to a hypnotist show after which was hilarious. Anyway, all in all its been a crazy last couple of weeks. One with very little sleep and a lot of driving around the valley haha.

1 comments:

Sam Wright said...

I still don't want you to leave. I'm sorry I missed your State Fair cooking. I wanted to come so bad. Ugh. We'll be friends forever right? :)