Wednesday, September 24, 2008

School, work and homework

If this post randomly ends in the middle of a sentence, you'll know why. I am so tired I feel like that's what I could do. I've had quite a load the last few weeks and it feels to just keep piling on. One of the biggest time commitments is the Newsbreak class I'm in. I honestly can't remember if I've blogged about it yet, but its the student produced news program at the U. Our first show is next week I believe it airs on channel 9 sometime on Thursday (we tape on Wednesday) but you can also watch a live feed, I"ll post the site once I find the info. This week I'm doing a story on student voting and getting registered to vote. I went out today and got footage of a booth outside the Union, but it was bad light and I"m not sure how well it turned out. I"m also trying to write the script and just having a horrible time. I can't seem to get it right. I have the most amazing teacher who's worked for the major networks definitely knows his stuff, he's taught us, but I no matter how many times I change it just can't get it right. I also bought the express version of finalcut for my macbook, but can't seem to get it to work. I know how to use Final Cut Studio so I'm not sure if maybe that's just the problem. Anyway, I feel like I"m wasting a bunch of time even though I am trying. I think it will be a late night tomorrow in the edit lab using the studio program since I know it. I also am shooting tomorrow some interviews for my new job. When I took this position, I didn't nor they realize how far I could take this. I've been compiling video and going to edit it to post on our website for high school students and teachers. It will be a good resource for them to know exactly what we do. They normally just use a small camera and get I"ll call it "surveillance" video. Since I've came and know a little about videography, they're kind of letting me run with ideas and compile things for their website. I'm really excited about getting involved in it. It's been a very creative process and they let me control everything I want about it. Tomorrow I"ll be conducting my first interviews of professors who were at the Saturday event for high school teachers who didnt' have time for an interview. I"m kind of nervous, I already interviewed the teachers, but professors are just different. I"ve prepared my list of questions though and hopefully everything will go smoothly. I'm also still working just on Tuesdays to help transition everything for awhile at DFCU. It's been hard not having that day to shoot or edit stuff, but its also nice having a little extra money coming in. Plus I know I'd miss it terribly, I already do. I also just got word today that I"m officially a senior. My credit from BYU finally transferred and now I need to go to an advising session and get approved for graduation! I seriously can't believe I'm almost done. I've had a lot of awesome opportunities and have no idea where life will take me. I've already started thinking of ways I"m going to need to prepare. There's a tech fair as well as career fair coming up in October, so I'll hopefully hit those up and see what kind of info I can get. My other classes are just as insane. I have a quiz next Monday and huge assignment in another class due Monday as well. You can definitely tell the semester is in full swing. Even though I"m crazy busy and very sleep deprived, I"ve loved everything I've been doing. Even the radio show, which is still as popular as ever (haha I really don't know) It's a ton of work, but again I've had a lot of cool opportunities and it comes with some nice perks as well. Wow, I can't believe I've already typed this much. It almost feels like I"ve wrote an essay (I must just be in the mood I wrote two today) Well, I think I"m going to try to sneak to bed a little early its 10:00 now. I just realized how much that title sums up my life lately. Anyway, happy reading.

0 comments: