Friday, September 19, 2008

Good Times

Wow, this week has blown by, seriously I can't hardly believe it. I've been crazy busy, but having fun while I'm at it. So, I might as well put the coolest news up first. I officially have purplish redish hair now. Now wait before you all freak out, its just three kind of chunks, underneath my dark hair. It actually turned out a lot cooler then I was even expecting. It's fun and different, yet its not like I died my hair pink and I'm going to lose respect from people I deal with, well hopefully not, most of them are old anyway and I'm counting on them being crazy and can't see it haha jk. Also, on a sad note today was my last "official" day at DFCU. Yes, that's right can you believe how fast that went?? I'll still be on, on a trial basis depending on my level of sanity, for Tuesday's like six hours a day to help transition new people into the branch. I also have been working with College of Engineering. Tomorrow I'm actually doing a shoot for them and editing a package to post for their website on a workshop thing they're doing for local high school teachers, I"m kind of exciting, finally something that's totally my own work although nervous to work all the equipment totally on my own. They're basically letting me do what I want with it, so I'm excited how it will turn out. I"ll be sure to post the link once I get it done (don't expect it for a good two weeks) I also started full swing into the TVJ production course at school. We produce the campus newstation. Be ready we stream live on the web not this Wednesday but next I think you can find the link from www.communication.utah.edu then click on lefthand side newsbreak. If you look at some of the old podcasts, that's what we'll be doing. It also will be shown on channel 9, at a later time in the week. Believe me these things take up most of a normal persons time, but then I have the radio show and my other classes. The radio show has been a lot of work but rewarding as well. I spent Wednesday afternoon at the Capitol trying to get interviews from different legislators also working on pulling different audio clips for future shows. Our next show is bright and early tomorrow morning at 8 am (well thats not so much bright and early to me anymore sometimes it feels 8am is halfway through my day) Hmm what else, oh good news I finally did some laundry after two weeks of pulling things from the back of my closet-----extremely scary thing to do. Well, I just wanted to give a quick update I still have some last minute things to put together for tomorrows show and get to bed at a decent time to wake up at 6 on a Saturday (just the thought hurts me) Well happy reading!

0 comments: