Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Life in School

As usual and how it always seems I'm sitting in finance class not paying attention. I've only been in here for two minutes, that's what's bad. Be proud of me though I paid attention the entire time on Monday, well most of the time I sent a few emails too. So today in Newsbreak we did a segment outside where they showed how to tailgate. Lucky me I got to be camera operator out there. I had a headset on with the director telling me what to do, but it was still kinda rough on our rehearsal, but the live one went good. It will be on Thursday channel 9 at 10:00 so you can watch and even though I won't be on there anything shown outside is what I was shooting. I will be on the next week doing a story on issues that are on the ballot people may not be aware of. I thought it was 1:45 package, but I just checked the sheet today and she gave me 2:30. That's a huge chunk of time and I'm not sure how well it's going to go. I worked on it all day yesterday from shooting student interviews, interviewing the director of politics here and started to edit it. I think I"m going to go to the zoo get some footage, the Capitol and Tracy Aviary. So needless to say it's a lot more then I was expecting to take on. I wasn't even going to do anything but my teacher was like KayCee have you done a package yet I know you did the interview and wrote another story but you should do a package. So, that's how that got started. Man I feel like this is all confusing cause I hear the professor talking in the background and it's weird to type at the same time. ANyway, the radio show is going just fabulous too. I was up at the Capitol last week doing interviews and working on it daily with editing and other things. Last week was fall break which was nice not going to class, but it feels like the work just piled up. We're now halfway through the semester. Only a semester and a half to go until I graduate! I can hardly believe it somedays. ANd no I still haven't decided what I want to do after haha. Well I better stop writing I feel its all jumbled and makes little sense anyway, but thought I'd give a small update.

0 comments: