Tuesday, May 19, 2009

More random ramblings

I totally feel like I"m in school again.  I've been totally avoiding applying for this one job, for like two weeks.  I have to write two three-page essays, yeah you can understand my lack of excitement.  So I'm doing what I did during the school year when I avoided things that is blog, stalk others blogs, Facebook, check email 400 times and basically anything else that can help me avoid it.  I blocked out a good chunk of today to just get it done but keep finding things to avoid it.  I even let myself leave work earlier then I planned just for it.  I might as well make this a sort of meaningful post and tell you about the last day or two.  Last night I went to Chalice's last two regular softball games of the season.  This is her last season to play and she's now in the debate of playing Allstars or working.  She did really well, got two nice hits right between first and second just into the outfield both times.  I believe her team placed third, almost second but that's a sore story ask her for details.  I've also been working on my needlecraft a lot more lately with no school and I"m loving it.  I even pulled out the sewing machine today, not my most favorite thing I'd much prefer using a needle or crochet hook, but it was kinda fun, it didn't even break on me so I may be working on more projects this summer.  I have sooo many to do.  Today I finished the big movie project at work.  I was very happy.  I uploaded them onto our server and let the guy know to review them and let me know how they were or if things needed to be changed.  I was so happy to get it done before Guatemala.  I asked what other things needed to be done and got three more big projects.  One I have to design a transfer guide for future students using a program I"ve never used before, I started it and we'll see how it goes.  The other I have to email all these people to update information sheets we have, yeah no fun going through other people.  The person who gave the projects to me didn't give me everything I need either so I was very frustrated.  Also I have to update another thing for incoming students that hasn't been updated since 1997.  I definitely wish I had more of  an engineering background there are just some things where if I was a student in the field it would be easier.  Luckily I'm a pro with the internet.  I finally got so frustrated plus with this job application looming on my mind I left work only after a half day.  Again I"m loving the decide my own schedule but with taking a week off I feel like I should be putting more hours in.  I also checked and I'm off the U's student directory.  :(  Don't get me wrong it's a great thing and I"m sooo excited to be done, but it's sad in a way too.  It's what I've known for four years, oh well onto the next adventure in my life.  Anyway, this turned into more of a vent things but oh well it kept my brain from wandering on Facebook or other mindless things.

0 comments: