Monday, May 18, 2009

What's going on with KayCee lately...

So I decided to do another boring typical "what's going on with KayCee lately" post after my own Grandmother didn't realize I was still working at my old job.  I guess even though I talk to her multiple times a week I still rely on this blog for all the normal updates and I haven't been doing a lot of my typical day to day things lately more just big events.  So here goes, I'll try to remember everything so I may need to work from what's going on now backwards.  Yes, I do still have a job thankfully.  My old work is letting me stay on for a month or two until I find something different or they run out of money or things for me to do.  Its been very nice I get to work whatever schedule I want and don't have to tell them beforehand just show up or not show up.  I'm still not sure how many hours I can work during the week in the semester it was maxed at 20, so who knows.  This sort of freedom has been nice but I'm sure I'll regret it one day.  I'm getting used to pretty much doing whatever I want with no school a very laid back work schedule.  Too bad I don't have any awesome adventures, but I try to stay busy.  My Guatemala trip is Saturday!  I can't believe it so much anticipation and it's finally here.  I'll be gone from May 23-31 I know you'll all miss me terribly :)  I will admit I am a little nervous but trust Lidia since she's a native.  I'm also excited for my first international experience at traveling and am sure I"ll have many adventures.  We're already planning some exciting things including diving!  Yeah not quite sure if I'll make that but we'll see.  I've been taking care of things before I leave and getting everything all straightened out.  It's funny how much there is to do for one little week vacation, just to come back to the real world after it's all over.  I'm also in the debate of buying a little point and shoot camera.  I have my big one but don't want to take it.  I could borrow one, buy a used one or buy a new one I just can't decide.  This weekend was sort of adventurous on Friday me and my mom went to see Angel's and Demon's it was quite good and held your interest right until the end.  Sadly enough I still have yet to read the books, I own them both but with school never had the chance too, its near the top of my list of reads.  I also managed to get a minor case of road rage that night after a guy cut me off twice and after I honked which I can honestly say I've only ever done like four times since I was able to drive, he flipped me off.  I was very upset to say the least I even tried to convince my mom to flip him off, she didn't go for it though.  It's been soo weird without school.  I've had school breaks before but there's always a new semester to look forward to and things to prepare with that.  Now, I see many possibilities in the future and its crazy choosing which path.  I've been applying for more jobs.  I've had a few interviews and many say my application passed initial review and others deny me out right. So we'll see.  It's good in some ways I've been able to get a  lot done with my other job, they're very flexible, plus with going to Guatemala it would be hard if I had gotten a job to ask for a week off.  Anyway, that's me as of late, not too exciting but its my life :)

0 comments: