Monday, July 27, 2009

Halfway through summer...what??

I'm really slacking on the blogging lately, I guess that's what happens when you're having too much fun.  I promise this post will make up for it.  I'll try to think back two weeks ago, it may be out of order, but I'll do the best I can.  I FINALLY got that tiny piece of paper in the mail after working four long years and waiting the past couple months since graduation.  It's really not as cool as it could have been.  It's basically computer paper with the embossed University logo, but oh well it still means the same thing I suppose.

Last week for my primary kids I decided I wanted to get something for them.  After brainstorming all week, countless google searches and looking over the lesson I decided to make prayer bears for them.  I originally was going to get tiny little bears and tell them they were prayer bears, then I found these little guys on clearance and decided to be ambitious and make my own shirts along with glitter glue and all.  I think they actually turned out pretty cute.  One of my little girls even brought me cookies and a card with her Grandma to say thank you.  I about cried it was the cutest thing ever.  This week my co-teacher moved so I was stuck doing sharing time by myself.  Yeah, it was interesting to say the least.  I wanted my kids to help which I can't decide if I regret or not.  It was on keeping the Sabbath Day holy needless to say I'm glad it's over.
Last week I also went to a car show (sorry no pics) it was cool to see a lot of old and new cars.  And we went to see the floats on display at South Towne Expo.  Again no pics.  Joe is a huge BYU fan and well we all know where my loyalty is.  There was a BYU float and also one from his stake.  Each person got to vote for their favorite float and he even chose BYU over his stake.  I chose a completely different one because I knew if I voted for his stake he'd automatically vote BYU and I couldn't have any part of that ;)

On Thursday I went to the Kenny Chesney concert.  Can I tell you how amazing he is in concert?  He has such high energy it was soo much fun.  I wasn't a fan of Miranda Lamber who opened for him, but what can you do.  Lady Antebellum was also there, they were good too.  Here we are enjoying it, notice the hats?
Pioneer Day was also very crazy.  Joe came with us, it started watching Chalice's softball tournament in Orem, to going to Fairview for the parade, back to Orem, then back to Fairview for the derby.  I was exhausted and slept til 11:00 the next day (I never do that I can't stand to sleep in), but it was a lot of fun.  Here I am at a car show there in front of Bella's truck.
We were all separated watching the Derby, me and Joe were able to still sit together.  We're trying to do a self-portrait with my huge camera, it's hard to hold out and take a picture at the same time, that's why my face looks so weird.

Wow, lot's of updates on pictures.  Even just today I had a call to come interview for one of the many positions I applied for at the U.  It's not one of the best paying, but it'd be a job.  I also got an email from a principal who's school I used to help do outreach events for engineering at.  The guy I work with now gave my information to her because he thought I'd be interested in an outreach coordinator position.  It's a very part time position, but I thought maybe it could be a good opportunity, I"ll see where it goes.  I also had quite and embarassing experience walking into work today.  I was walking down this little hill that happened to be muddy.  I didn't realize this and totally slipped and fell down.  I had mud everywhere, it was bad.  I was able to clean a lot of it off, but I hurt my wrist again, the same one I keep hurting.  It's not broken or anything, but still is annoying.  Well, there's my last few crazy weeks I'll try to be better about posting so it's not some marathon thing.



0 comments: