Sunday, July 05, 2009

Summer fun

Wow, I actually let this go over a week.  Doesn't sound like me does it?  As usual a ton has been going on.  I'll try to highlight this past week.  I had a very enjoyable 22 birthday.  I know I'm getting up there in years.  Sunday we had family over for cake and ice cream.  I have the privilege of having my birthday the day after my Grandpa's so Chalice ordered us a very lovely cake.

My work brought in this one and we all sat around my office eating it.  JJ was dropping by a card right when they pulled it out and also shared in the festivities.  

I also had a very delicious lunch with Sam from Five Guy's mmmm it was yummy.  I went to see My Sister's Keeper that night.  I had read the book, it's very sad and the movie was completely different in the end, so I'm still not sure how I felt about it, but it was nice to be able to see it.  I also got some very nice gifts and all in all it was a great birthday.

I also this week had my first date with someone since Cameron.  Chalice's boyfriend Blake works with him, his name is Joe, and set us up.  We went country dancing, he's insanely good and me well not so great.  He was still very nice to teach me and we had a lot of fun.  We also hung out all day on the Fourth.  I was mainly just planning to go to the parade and a bar-b-que with some of his family and friends, but it turned into an entire day.  We hung out with a few of his friends, talking, playing card games and buying fireworks.  We also watched the big firework display later that night and lit some of our own.
He had volunteered to help block off the street and had me come.  We met in the police building there and I was the only girl.  Luckily, since I didn't know the town at all (it was in Magna) he asked for us to be together.  We got to wear sweet orange vests I felt like I was on safety patrol in elementary school all over again.

I started getting sick later that night and woke up this morning with no voice.  Go figure I got my first summer cold.  I was sad I was supposed to teach the lesson today, but Chalice ended up doing it.  I also went to the doctor on Friday because I'm still not better from what I had before.  I'm again having more tests.  My neck bruise is coming back and he says it could possibly be a thyroid problem or still more tests for different parasites.   I should hear back later this week.

I also had a phone interview for a job I really really hope I get.  It's only part-time, but is like my dream job.  The phone interview went really well and I have an in-person one this week.  It's doing internal communications like making videos and publications from higher management to the rest of employees for Mountain America.  I'm nervous it only being part-time, but they said definitely potential for more.  I also have a group interview for two hours this week.  Not quite sure what that will entail, but we'll see.

Wow, that was quite the update hope everyone had a good holiday.

1 comments:

Sam Wright said...

Ow ow! What a stud muffin you got there KayCee! :) Sounds like a better holiday than I had!