Friday, March 28, 2008

Dogs

In case some of you don't know this is my dog Samantha  Bo Burnside, we usually refer to her as Sam.  I'm sure anyone who is reading this has heard about her if you even have met me because I treat her like my kid and I talk about her all the time.  So, I find it fitting to blog about her the very first night I create this fabulous blog.  I've had her for about 12 years and she's around 13 now.  I was thinking about her because she was in my room looking at me with her big brown eyes then she looks up at me one more time and runs out.  I feel we have our own little language.  Now I know people are going to think I'm insane saying that, but I think it's true.  I've told people this but I look at her sometimes and I'll be talking totally expecting her to talk back and oh boy that would be an extremely scary thought of what she'd say back to me that's been building up after all these years.  Anyway, there's day's I come home and think nothing else could possibly go wrong and that's the moment she comes running towards me her tail wagging and makes me feel like she's been waiting all day just to do that.  Of course I forget everything that's gone wrong for those two minutes I'm petting her.  Truely there are some days I don't know what I would do without her.  Anyway, I was reading on the news today and someone's dog wandered onto the freeway and while someone did pick it up they threw it off an overpass.  I was so sad I couldn't believe someone could do something so horrible.  I've loved dogs my whole life and I feel bad when I yell at Sam for doing something bad let alone dream of torturing a dog like that.  Especially after I worked last year lobbying for the animal torture bill did I truely realize what happens to animals everyday that goes uncared about.  Now I'm not some PETA member, but it just breaks my heart hearing stories like this.  Wow, that one was long figures I was talking about my baby.  Anyway, I'll be done with my random spill for the night.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...I read your blog. It helped me out with some stuff :). go check out my blog.