Sunday, February 15, 2009

Things I've learned so far from being in Texas

Here is a list of notes I've made while in Texas. I'll post more when I get back, but I've been typing this into my phone on observations I've made while in Houston, Katy, Galveston and San Antonio.
-roads here are insanely confusing
-penguins are awesome
-change in altitude sucks
-there's no such thing as raining on your parade in Galveston
-Mardi Gras is a really really big deal and people will do anything for free beads
-there's always traffic in Houston no matter what time of day it is
-you can't get on the freeway without passing an accident
-it rains like a downpour then stops for two minutes then again then slows down
-people think its cool to put blue lights on their car
-Salt Lake's spaghetti bowl only has one noodle in it compared to Houston
-blinkers aren't cool here
-Sonic diet coke can solve altitude and sea sickness
-the humidity can do wonders on dry skin
-SLC downtown skyline is nothing compared to Houston
-Walker Lane doesn't compare to Memorial Drive
-my bug would flood here
-Latin and techno dancing are two very different things
-I'm on average 6 inches taller then Latin people
-apparently I can be turned away from certain places for wearing my skater shoes or flip flops
-I'm a whimp when it comes to staying up late
-Bigrig trucks are pretty much the only people getting pulled over the check their weight
-So everyone in Texas has a million stickers on their windshield I thought oh maybe it's a parking pass no it's their tages instead of being on license plates weird huh
-they have textured pavement not rough roads
-it's a necessity to travel with an iPhone
-if ever in San Antonio on the riverwalk do not eat at the Lonestar
-If ever you let Lidia read a map don't believe her if she says somethings two streets away
-bumps on the road are larger then they may appear
-Aliens will invade Texas first
-it's very possible to get a sunburn in February
-there is such a thing as a bad diet coke

Most of these will be explained with pictures haha but there you go. I promise details to come, I have to catch a very early flight tomorrow!

0 comments: