Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Becoming a mother...

What a crazy weekend!  I felt like it was just go-go-go the entire time.  Did I scare everyone with the title?  That was my goal, no I"m not pregnant or even close to being haha, but I became a mother for a little over an hour on Sunday.  I was getting ready for dinner when I looked outside and saw the Bishop's car.  I walked out to see what was going on to find a little 2 year old boy wandering around with another neighborhood boy say he followed him from the street over and he's just been going to everyone's houses.  I was like oh, interesting and tried to ask his name.  He wouldn't talk (maybe he couldn't I'm not sure) but he wouldn't go with the Bishop so we decided I'd walk with him and we'd try to see if he recognized one of the houses at all.  I still couldn't get a name or anything we stopped at a neighbor house in another ward to see if she knew.  Long story short, an hour later we called the cops after we had started knocking on doors and no one knew who he was.  Finally, someone pulls up that lives a few streets over saying they'd been looking for him for about 10 minutes.  I couldn't believe someone could lose their kid for over an hour and just notice 10 minutes before.  I didn't stay to find out what the police said, but it was an interesting experience.  It's eye opening any bad person driving through our neighborhood could have taken him.  It was cute though he'd only come to me, so I did feel like a mother for a little bit.  I also gave my talk that day.  It went as well as a talk can go.  I was last and spoke about 10 minutes.  I focused mainly on education and tied in Father's Day.  I guess this post is going backwards as far as how the weekend went.  Saturday I spent with my cousin Mallory here from Phoenix.  She spent the night and we got up (supposed to be early wasn't until around 9:00) to go to the Salt Lake Temple.  She had never been inside so it was a cool experience, I love how it is there and she did too.  We also saw a farmer's market which she insisted checking out.  I was nervous since it was Pioneer Park.  I told her not to tell her dad I took her there, haha.  It wasn't bad though since so many people were there.  She even made friends with a hippie in a sweet van selling tie-dye things.  We shopped a few other places, mainly Nordstrom Rack and came home to visit with our parental units.  I also developed huge blisters on my pinky toes from walking in heels everywhere and Jacob had to perform surgery to pop them, what a nice brother-in-law I have, no way could I have done it.   Last Wednesday Lidia came for her friend's wedding.  Since everyone else had work and my job is so flexible we hung out Thursday and Friday in the day.  Mainly went to some movies, got ready for the wedding, drove to the wedding forever far away and just rested.  I was sad last time I saw her was Friday night, I didn't realize it would be, but with how things worked it was.  I didn't get to say bye, but now that just leaves an excuse for her to come back or me to go visit her again!  Also, yesterday I got word more then likely next Tuesday is my last day of work.  I have an interview today cross your fingers, so we'll see what happens!


This picture was pre-surgery I know kinda sick, but look how huge it was!

2 comments:

Le Fabuleux destin d'Alex said...

Oh GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Kaycee, your foot??? Come on!!! LOL I know amiga! it was sad :( but we'll see each other soon!

KayCee Burnside said...

Haha you're like my blog stalker ;) you commented right after I posted. Yeah it is pretty sick, I just blew it up too I didn't realize how nasty it looked and my feet look funny. Hopefully there's no foot fetish people who stalk my blog...I don't think I could handle that. And I know we will, that's what makes the saying goodbye's ok.