Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another Day

Where to begin.....well hello everyone!! I'm warning you I"m in a weird mood today almost like a roller coaster or something so if my posts weren't bad before (also cause I typed super fast and never double check anything with this) it might be all over the place. I feel my readers must get bored seriously all I ever post is I did this today then this bleh bleh bleh. Oh well I sometimes consider it my venting station or something. So school has been school for some reason I've had a really hard time getting into the grove of it this semester. I don't know if it's because it's my last one and Im just secretly sad inside or what my deal is. I've seriously been like 10 minutes late to everything I do this week and already feel I"m paddling just to keep my head above the water. I hope things will even out I'll get into that groove and everything will be ok. I actually really like my classes this semester. I"m doing Newsbreak again but this time I"ll be behind the scenes directing and all that fun stuff. It's still at 7:30 three days a week, so it makes for early mornings and being an elective somedays I think I"m crazy, but I love the class and it will be good experience. I"m also taking a webdesign class being taught by my friend Peter. I knew him as an undergrad which is even funnier cause we'd hang out occasionally and now he's my teacher, but it should be fun I already made my first real HTML code website and am really excited to get into it, he'll be a really good teacher I think too. I also have a class called current developments in new media. It's taught by a professor I used to work with in the department. I've never had a class by him, but he's always known my name and I just love him. It should be a good class, but I think will be a lot of work. I also am taking a political theory research class, where we'll write a 15 page paper and construct our own political theory I can say right now that will be where most of my venting from the semester comes from. I know it'll be really interesting, but super intense, I need it for a credit though. Finally, I'm doing a fitness for life course online. I needed one final elective from anything I had signed up for something else, but realized it would be too big of a time commitment so I choose this. I'm actually really excited sadly enough. I decided since the fieldhouse on campus is free to use with student ID card that I would start going. Well this class requires you exercise 30 minutes a day 3 times a week. I've gone everytime I told myself I would, which has only been twice now haha, but I'm really excited I had decided about the exercise thing last week and now with this class it will force me into it. Its making for really long days, today I didn't get home until around 8:30, I actually really enjoy it. I had a doctors appointment yesterday so I couldn't go and I actually missed it and was excited to go today. I know it will get worse as the semester goes on, but I almost find it relaxing. I always hated working out before and I truly think it was gradeschool gym that ruined me. I always felt I had to do it and for so long and I don't like full out running, walking is ok. Well, with this I totally get to choose what I do. I've been stationary cycling for half time then doing the stair master. I feel like an idiot doing it you're totally shaking your butt, haha but hopefully it will start to work. I'm not going into it with a need to lose certain weight mentality, just to get healthier. I've slowly started making healthier food choices and I'm happy to say already lost 2 pounds and that's by barely trying. I don't want to go too hard core too fast or set huge goals, just start out slow see where I end up. I"m really excited I'll be able to go again tomorrow, hopefully it won't be such a long day I also have prep for the crazy radio show which I"m debating even showing up for after last week haha. Anyway, this is getting long and I need to get to bed ready for another early and long day.

2 comments:

Sam Wright said...

Yay! Good for you! I'm trying to exercise too still on my Wii! I like it cuz you get to choose what you want to do. Fun fun fun!!! Come up sometime!

KayCee Burnside said...

Yeah it did seem fun, but I'm probably too uncoordinated to do it haha. I'm loving the stair master oddly enough I can totally feel it working which I'm so happy about. I went everyday I said I would last week even though I was tired, but it in some ways is relaxing and I'm happy I did hopefully I'll continue. I"m glad you like the WII I've heard from a lot of people it really works and helps, plus its fun. I'll for sure come up maybe with my stair master legs I can do it better! Oooh I bought a yoga mat and video thing yesterday, we should do that together too!!