Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Longest post ever!

Well hello everyone. Sorry lately I've been letting this go like a week out before I update it, but one I'm so busy I barely have time and second I feel stuck in a rut lately and don't want to depress everyone else haha. Today however is better. One reason, well and it's kind of a roller coaster story but this semester I only had two classes I absolutely had to take. THe one if for my bachelor requirement the other for my major. Then I just needed the credit hours. Well with the bachelor requirement I kept hearing different things, that you needed at least a C to get the credit to you just need to pass with a D-. Well, these are two totally different answers. Everyone I talked to thinks its the C. SO I decided to look for myself and just found out today as long as you graduate before 2013 and were enrolled at the U before 2008 then it's a D- Obviously this isn't what I'm shooting for, but this class goes totally over my head and it'd be one class I'd let my GPA drop for. There are a few other comm students in there who are all in the same boat, btw this is my political research class. Most other kids (poly sci majors) can ask questions and discuss things I'd never even think of, let alone be able to formulate a response to. So, even though its kind of sad this was good news so that I have the option in case it doesn't go so well. I am on the other hand trying my very best. Our grade is mainly just this big 15 page research paper. We slowly work on it and I"ve been trying to stay on top of what I need to do on it. On a better side of things my current developments in telecommunication course we had our first paper awhile back and I got the grade back on it today. I felt I did ok, just kind of average. Well I got it back with a 96 out of 100 and he said it was well developed and thought out I just needed to further one of my sources I used more. I was soo happy. I've been stuck in a rut with school carried over from last semester and also senioritus kicking in and to get something good back made me want to work harder. I also did my first assignment in my web design class. Ok, don't laugh but here is the link to it. http://home.utah.edu/~u0429890/ We have yet to learn how to make it "pretty" so expect some pretty cool stuff. And we had to put a pic in there and all I had was the ones I have on this blog, I was in class and didn't have my laptop today so I just attached that one, I know dumb but who cares. I showed Peter and its funny cause today I'm wearing the exact same outfit with the hate I"m like umm this looks like I just took this huh. He just laughed and was like it kinda does, its definitely nice having a friend as your teacher and he's amazing at web design he can go so fast I"m like whoa dude. I actually thing this class is going to be extremely valuable. For our big project we already will work with a company producing a website for them, like an actual company, so I can use that in my portfolio and hopefully generate other things from that. Wow, this is long as usual haha. So as I was driving today I started thinking of totally random things about me that people even my family probably don't even know. I even kind of laughed at some of them, so I'd like to share them all with you. Some of you might know some of them, I'd be curious to know if you did.

1. I hate being late. I just feel so weird walking in late. I've gotten better at making sure I"m right on time and not too early and actually can time things pretty well. I'll tell a really embarrassing story. So when I was in junior high it was so bad that I knew the bell schedule exactly down to like 3rd period ends at 10:11 or whatever it was. I knew exactly the second my clock was set to it. I absolutely hated if we had an assembly or something where it messed the schedule up and caused way more stress on me then I should admit haha. I also as soon as one class would end run to my next one. Oh man the more I think about it the more I wonder how I never was shoved into a locker.
2. I can't stand driving on I15. I will go out of my way to take 215. Today I drove I15 and for some reason drivers are just crazy and cut in and out of lanes on there like maniacs, with 215 you can keep to yourself and there's not near as many cops.
3. Going along with driving I love to let people in. Merging, coming out of parking lots whatever, it makes me feel like I did a little good deed for the day.
4. I hate to admit this one, but what my old friends did to me last year really hurt me I think a lot more then I should have let it and definitely more then I let on. It makes me sad people I called my friends would be so vindictive to me and make it feel like it was my fault when I knew it was their lie in the first place. Granted it takes two people to fight and I know I had faults, they never let my side of the story out and I almost want to write a book or something about it all.
5.Ok, this isn't so secret, but I love Kyle Korver. No idea why I"m so obsessed honestly. I don't get this way with guys. There's a contest right now for 25 people and their guests to meet him I keep making everyone I know sign up for it and I tell them I'll give them a dollar if they take me as their guest.
6. Another thing about guys. I can soo easily talk to them about sports, school, politics anything but the second I start to like them I turn into this mute person. I know most people would say they do that too, but I can get seriously weird so that's why I try to avoid it haha.
7. I secretly think it would be fun to be famous for like a year. You know test it out deal with all the crowds of people following you, just to know what it's like, as soon as the year is up I want my privacy and things to go back to normal.
8. K this one is weird and only recently have I noticed it. I can't sneeze in odd amounts, its always even. Usually always twice, never once never three times sometimes four, weird and random huh? Even more weird I noticed.
9. I hate being away from a computer for more then like an hour. My phone makes it nice, but not totally the same. ANd really I like my own computer I haven't been bringing it to school as much for instance I didn't today just because I'm all over the place on campus and I felt like part of me was missing. You know those studies out going without your cell phone or computer for like a week, I literally think I'd die. Most people would agree I respond to an email usually in less then an hour right???
10. I'm very very excited for this trip to Texas, but also very very terrified. I've never flown by myself and I"m not afraid it'll crash or anything jsut that my luggage will get lost or I won't make my connecting flight or something totally random like that. Plus last time I flew my eardrum burst, not a fun experience and definitely something I don't want to happen again.
11. I'm extremely paranoid that someone is going to attack me even in broad daylight. I'm constantly looking over my shoulder and have my pepper spray out. At all costs I avoid being out at night by myself, I even plan my school schedule so I'm not up there at night. Speaking of this random story today I was walking to my car and this kid's all hello, I'm like uh hi. He's all did I scare you, I'm like well you just never know meaning like if that person is talking to you or whatever. We talked for a minute he asked how my day was and so on. I was like oooh how nice. Especially up there people walk from place to place minding their own business it was nice to have someone actually stop and talk to me, especially a complete stranger.
12. I hate running into people I know like at the grocery store or whatever and forced to make small talk. Seriously I like avoid especially if I just sorta know them, so I don't have to do the whole hey how are you? Good thanks, you thing I just think its a waste of time and breath. If they would actually stop to talk I wouldn't mind that at all, random I know I probably sound rude haha.
13.I love to text. I can do it pretty fast especially with my phone and only a few people can/like to do it too especially when I'm bored or just watching tv or something.
14. I love getting all your blog comments so keep them coming especially if you've never posted and I know you but don't know you're reading this I've found out a couple people and love getting the comments!!! Well this really really needs to be ended I promise not so long next time haha.

3 comments:

Le Fabuleux destin d'Alex said...

Kaycee!!! Are you Crazy??? I havent even read the thing and I am scared to start!

Le Fabuleux destin d'Alex said...

Well is Jan 30 2009 and I just finished reading your freal=king long blog! :) a couple of things: is funny how we are so alike! I hate small talk too! and a few other things that I read were so much the same, I guess thats why we are friends! :) on the plane just take some gum it helps. see ya! yay...

KayCee Burnside said...

Haha you kill me! It took you two days!!!! yeah I just started typing and typing and typing. Yeah I'm sure the plane will be ok, I wish it was today not two more weeks :( Haha yeah it is funny how in some ways we're similar, but in others very opposite.