Saturday, January 31, 2009

Random happenings

I can already tell this post as usual is going to be all over the place. So funny story first. Yesterday I was in a hurry but almost out of gas so I quickly stopped and decided since I was there I'd get the cheap car wash and get all the salt crap off my car. It's good I get in and the car wash finishes and I try to drive forward. Well guess what, the door won't open! I sat there trying to go forward back up everything and couldn't make it open. SOmeone had come in behind me so their carwash was going the entire time I was stuck inside too. I debated maybe calling the cops, waiting until someone finally noticed, I really didn't know what to do. Then I remembered I had the receipt and possibly their phone number. I did, so I called the guy I'm all so this is going to sound weird, but I'm stuck in your carwash. He was really nice about it and came to open it for me. Now how random is that, seriously who gets stuck in a carwash? Oddly enough that was a huge fear I had as a kid, obviously I was scared I'd be trapped forever, it was in the days of no cell phones haha. Anyway, I survived it and am alive to tell about it now. I've thought of complaining to the manager see if I can get some free gas or something out of it, but who knows if I will or not. So the reason I was in such a hurry is with my new camera, I got a gig shooting for the Utah Jazz fans of the game. I go around saying can I get your picture for our fans of the game website. I'm super exited about it. They said I don't have to be an expert the one guy even shot on auto with his SLR all last year and was just fine, they more just need someone outgoing and who at least doesn't have a little point and shoot. I think it'll be a great opportunity. It doesn't pay the best, but I get in free to the games, I really only have to take them up until halftime and I can stay the rest of the game and sit anywhere there's an open seat besides the floor. Last night he just went over stuff and I went on the bottom level. I couldn't believe how different it looks down there haha. It was fun though and I"m excited for it, not only to make a little extra cash, but great exercise, free Jazz game and I'm in the same building as Kyle Korver :) Plus I can say I was a Utah Jazz photographer, so it'll look good on my resume. It is intimidating going up to people, but I have a shirt and official looking pass and nice camera, so hopefully it'll be ok. It's definitely interesting shooting still shots instead of video. A lot of the same principles apply, just getting used to how different the camera is, will be hard. Today I trained someone to take over my place with the radio programming. I thought it'd be my last week, but actually the other person will be out of town and I"ll need to run the soundboard this Saturday so not totally out of it yet. I realized today I'm a radio show producer, student, engineering presenter, engineering movie maker, Newsbreak photographer and Jazz photographer. I seem to get just busy enough to stay above water, then decide to load one more thing on to make me go crazy. It's good though and as long as I take it day by day I"ll be fine. Today also at the show the person who comes in after us asked me if I've been working out, she could tell. I about hugged her, I've sorta been able to tell more just that I feel better, but haven't had anyone else notice. NOt that thats what I need and why I'm doing it, but it definitely motivates me more knowing that its finally paying off. Again, no set weight goals or anything I'm doing it as a lifestyle change and I'll see what comes from it. Well I need to pop out some massive amounts of homework today, so I'll be on my way.

0 comments: