Monday, March 16, 2009

On the job hunt

Wow where do I even begin. It really hasn't been that long since I've posted on here, but I feel so many things have happened and I know I'm going to forget some of them. On very happy note I ordered my graduation announcements today!!! I am soooo excited it's actually hitting me. PS If you'd like an invitation and don't think I have your address either leave a comment on here or email it to me kayceepup at hotmail along with that comes the job hunt. I applied today for a position as web content producer with channel 13 and a position with channel 4 producing their Good Things Utah show. I actually love that show and think it'd be fun to produce, but I'm just graduating have little experience and its only PT I'll need something with benefits. At 13 it'd be a cool position, but I'm not sure if I'm qualified enough. On the other hand I just found out a full time loan officer position opened at DFCU the branch I used to work at. That would be a steady job, good benefits and I feel comfortable with them already. On the other hand I wouldn't be doing what I've majored in. I actually applied for that one today too to see what happens and at least they'll know I'm interested in it. So my job hunt has officially begun. If anyone sees anything open up let me know. With how the economy is right now it really scares me one reason the bank job looks so appealing, but we'll just have to see. On other news I applied for my passport on Friday. It went much smoother then I thought. I went to the walk-in one at the downtown post office. Longest thing was waiting in line about 15 minutes. Luckily I had everything ready to go, it maybe took 5 minutes when he was with me. Other people in there were all over the place or had things wrong. I went to Walgreens to get the photo. THey pulled out a camera from 1990 to use and didn't even let me see it before he printed it. I look possessed, but oh well. My neck bruise has come back too and so I look like I get beat in it, but oh well that was 8 bucks down the drain. The website made it seem so strict, but I totally could have taken my own and it would have been much better. Other fun things I've been up to, its spring break this week yay! I'm going to work a little and just kinda hang out and see what fun things I feel like doing this week. I've been taking so many trips I'm probably not going to do anything, just relax and prepare to finish out the last few weeks of the semester. Cameron and I went to Park City last week. I've never been during winter and it was a lot of fun to walk Main Street. I felt bad for him, he's such a big snowboarder and it was killing him to not be up there haha and we were like the only ones not dressed in ski suits. We ate at a little Mexican place I love in Park City. They have the world's best flautas. I've done a lot of other fun things this past week, but it all seems mushed together and then I forget some of them. Well keep your fingers crossed with the jobs and I'll keep you all up to date!

1 comments:

Le Fabuleux destin d'Alex said...

Uhhhhhhhhhh, with cameron! :) Oh I love park city! Hey you better send me one of those annoucements thing! I am so glad you have you passport! see??? pass port, it allows you to pass a country's port of entry! :)