Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Very hard week

So today I had to say goodbye to my little missionary.  First things first I realized I need to clear something up.  My family and most of my friends know the entire situation, but I'll just explain it in case you don't and I sound like I'm robbing the cradle.  Cameron is 22, he just decided to wait until he was more ready and is now going to Oklahoma on his mission.  He leaves for the MTC tomorrow.  I will be completely honest when I say I had no idea it'd be this hard.  I already miss him like crazy and we just talked on the phone 5 hours ago.  I keep telling myself 2 years will fly by.  Or think of it as 24 fast Sundays or just look at it in six month increments.  It was also hard because I had to shoot the Jazz game tonight and we say goodbye on the phone right before I went.  And I mean I knew I cared about him, but I didn't realize just how hard it'd hit that I'd miss him so much.  He's also become a really good friend.  And I know I can still write, but it's the little day to day things like texts asking how my day is or things like that which can't be replaced with letters and emails.  Also to clear things up I didn't promise any waiting.  We  talked and agreed it was best for the both of us.  On one hand I"m not actively looking for a husband to marry in a month, but the other I'm not sitting at home every night waiting for him to get back.  We also didn't have enough time to know if anything further could even happen.  So we decided if I"m still around when he gets back we can try to pick things up where they left, no expectations either way.  I had no idea a couple months ago when we met things would turn up like this.  I remember when we first were talking both of us saying we aren't looking for anything right now, boy we had no idea.  I also thought I had passed the age of having a missionary boy.  I'm already 21 almost 22 myself, boys are all generally back by now.  It's what I get making fun of all the girls who wait.  Well take that back not make fun of just not ever really understand.  Well I for sure know this one is probably all over the place, it doesn't help I"m writing it through tears either.  Today I started crying at work twice, I was like oh no don't start that.  I think I just need a couple days get it all out then I'll be totally fine and as long as I stay busy and not dwell on it too much time will fly by and he'll be back before I know it.  Well my pictures from tonight's game are almost done.  I"m going to post this and get in bed for my early morning class tomorrow :(

1 comments:

Betty's Blessings said...

KayCee, I really enjoyed your blog today, I just knew it would be hard for you, I do know how you feel and yes you will get it lesser and lesser as time goes by. But you know you can write letters, to him and just don't meke him feel too home sick, make him realize what he is doing is the best thing for you and him. Grandma