Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A new week

What an interesting week is all I have to say.  It all started normal on Monday.  I went to class and work, my last class was cancelled so I came home all prepared to do homework.  Well, I was making my lunch and went to let Sam back inside the house when I get this intense pain in my foot.  I stepped on a thumb tack.  I was sooo mad.  So I went back in the living room and was resting for about an hour, it started to feel a little better (seriously I didn't think it'd hurt that bad plus it was stuck in there and I had to dig it out which was a little disturbing.  My dad gets home and is like what are you doing.  I explain the story and he asks how long its been since I've had a tetanus shot.  I was tempted to lie and say two years ago, but really its been since I was in 7th grade.  So I was due for one again.  I called and they were able to get me in.  I don't really mind shots, its the drawing blood I don't like, but I remember this one making my arm hurt for a few days but I know the flu shot does that too and I just had one of those and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.  Well, I get home and just crashed for like two hours.  I was like maybe it's because I"m stressed with homework and my body just making me take it easy.  I went to part of Chalice's softball game that night and had to come home early I was so tired.  Tuesday I woke up feeling pretty good.  My arm was soo sore though, but I knew that would happen.  I get home and again just crash this time for like three hours.  Then things just went downhill.  I got a fever, hot/cold chills and even Monday before the shot I had started getting a sharp pain in the lower right part of my stomach.  I still didn't feel better and just went to bed.  Well I woke up this morning, thinking I can do this.  I hop into the shower and I thought I was going to pass out.  I got extremely lightheaded and had to sit on the edge of the tub for five minutes before I could go into my room.  I'm like oh no I HAVE to go to school today one class the teacher said it was mandatory, plus its the end of the semester I have so much work to do.  Well I tried to rest and still couldn't hardly get up.  I called my first class teacher (Newsbreak) to let them know I'd need to be replaced today and went to sleep.  Besides texting a little bit I slept through until 12:30 when my dad came home to check on me.  It was the craziest thing ever.  I emailed the rest of my teachers and slept again.  I'm finally feeling a little better.  The fever isn't as bad although I still have hot/cold chills and my stomach pain is a lot less.  I just keep thinking if this is all symptoms of a tetanus shot I"m never getting one again and I'm permanently mad at thumb tacks.  So needless to say its been rough since its the end of school.  I'm going to attempt homework again if I don't fall asleep too fast like today has been haha.  Anyway on a better note I heard from Cameron yesterday with a little email.  It was very short, but he's been doing really good, he said he can write more in letters, which letters are always more fun to get anyway.  He's been out exactly four weeks which is crazy fast (in most ways other times I'm like it's so slow)  Nothing else new has really happened of course when you sleep most of the day it's kind of hard to have anything happen.  I recommend to everyone not to step on anything that would make you get a tetanus shot, but like my dad said at least I"m good for ten years and now especially won't have to worry when I go to Guatemala.  THe nurse told me they made her get one when she got a papercut at least mine was a little bit worse being a tack then just a papercut.  Well, I'll end this and attempt to start my homework :)

1 comments:

Betty's Blessings said...

If a tetnus shot will do that to you, I suggest you find out IF you need any shots to go along with your passport to go to Guatamala and if so, get them early, to get rid of all that stuff your body is trying to get rid of.