Thursday, April 09, 2009

Whirlwind week

Wow, it has been a crazy week.  There is just so much going on and not enough time to do it.  It also seemed to be one of those really bad I can't do anything right weeks.  I did try to look at the good from the week to balance out the not so good.  First, today I took my car to get the oil change.  It was the exact to the day three months you need to wait.  I never go over the miles, you know how they give date or miles, well this time I was like 700 over.  I also just rolled over 94,000 miles on it, so its getting up there.  Well I take it in and they showed me all this nasty sludge build up.  The guy was nice and talked to his manager who gave it to me for half off, but still by the time I walked out of there with the oil change it was 70 bucks which=no fun.  It's been acting a little bit funny lately I can't even describe it kind of like something's pushing with the engine, so hopefully it gets better.  Also, the job hunt is so depressing.  Although one bit of good news the job at school I really want they received my cover letter and resume and said it made it through the first round and so it's now being reviewed and all that fun stuff.  The other day I was looking back a year ago and what I wrote on here.  How different life was!  For my seasoned followers remember this was around the time I got that 60 year old guy at the bank proposing to me?  And just how I was winding down the semester, but now I'm winding down my undergraduate career, crazy stuff.  On another note this week, Sam (my dog) got really sick one night.  She was uncontrollably shaking and kept panting like she was really hot.  She wouldn't eat or drink anything either.  We almost took her to the vet in the middle of the night, but I ended up sitting up with her petting her and we decided to see how she was in the morning.  Something had happened earlier that day, my dad almost said it was like a stroke, so hard to see.  She ended up being better and is now almost back to normal.  It scared me half to death.  I've had her for about 13 years now and she is really like a kid to me.  I'm very attached to say the least and it will be very hard when that day comes to let her go.  I hope you all don't think we're bad people not taking her to the vet, but she gets so nervous and worked up we don't unless absolutely necessary.  So that happened into Wednesday morning, well I have Newsbreak that morning we did our live to tape.  I got there probably 7:10 because I was in charge of audio.  I'll make a really long story short by saying one of the mics just randomly went out halfway through the show.  I had checked it and it worked before, we don't know what happened.  We ended up starting at that point, but needless to say my head wasn't in the game after that.  I was also out of it being up the night before and worrying about the dog.  I figure its a learning experience though and I"m not going to sit and critique myself too much with it.  One good thing with school though today in my political science class I actually understood some of the math concepts he introduced.  It's a statistics based research class and he's teaching us how to do a portion of our 15 page research paper, getting the facts through stats to prove our hypothesis.  I used to be pretty ok with math, but something just fell out of my brain with it three years ago and ever since math is like a foreign language so that was one good thing.  Another is I got a new straightener.  Chalice and I normally share one, but she was on an overnight trip and took hers.  Well I decided I'll see if I can find one for around 20 if so I'll get it, if not I can go without it and just try to put it up.  I know 20 for a straightener, way good huh?  I love it too, it is amazing and sooo much easier to do my hair with then the one Chalice had.  I now actually don't mind doing my hair, so that was very very good news.  I also put a lot of work into building my website, it looks completely different from the last time I talked about it.  Go here if you want to see http://home.utah.edu/~u0429890/KayCeeburnside.html  my partner helped me with deciding on the style and coding it in, I really like how its coming along.  The picture thing on my portfolio page I still need to get better pictures, I just put those in for now.  Another cool thing was a girl I work with asked how much I'd charge to photograph her sisters wedding in September.  I had never really thought of still photography for weddings, I always just thought video.  I also don't know if I should or not, it seems so scary to do a wedding.  I'm still thinking about it if I'd want to do it and also how much I'd even charge, but its something to think about getting into besides just videos.  Well I'll end this now before I ramble too much, I've been going crazy with the Taylor post now this.  I'm looking forward to the weekend of resting and recovering.  I'll keep looking for the good with things when I think I'm having a bad week, it definitely helps to make me realize the blessings I do have.

2 comments:

Marie Allen said...

Hi KayCee!
My first comment disappeared into cyberspace it seems, so here I go again. If it comes back against all odds you can ignore it...
I checked out your website. It looks really professional and I'm especially impressed with your resume. You have done a lot for your young age!
I'm in the market for a straightener too so I'm curious about what brand you got.

KayCee Burnside said...

Hey, yeah this was the only one I got, don't you hate when you type something out and it just disappears. Thank you I had a lot of fun creating the website, its still a work in progress too. I wish all these jobs I'm applying for were as impressed with my resume too. So the brand is Conair its just the one inch one has a girl with brown hair and says professional ceramic, its actually on the smaller side. I got it at Walmart for right around 20 bucks. I know a bunch of girls who spend like 150 on their straighteners, but I"m definitely just as happy with this one!