Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Week in review

It feels like weeks since I last posted, but really its only been a few days.  Maybe its because so much has been going on.  I'll start with the updates.  My arm is almost all the way healed.  It bruised a pretty good one and I had to wear long sleeves so no one thought I got into a fight.  There's just a tiny bump there now like only a little pebble is in it not a boulder.  And after feedback I received on my last post I decided no to the new car.  I know sad day.  I did however figure out a good present to myself.  I have seasons 8-10 of Friends and I've always wanted the earlier ones, but its too expensive for me to buy at once.  Well, I found someone on KSL (by the way I LOVE that site) selling used ones.  I worked a deal and she's selling 1-7 for $75 I'm very excited its like over a hundred dollar savings.  I'm waiting until I sell my books back, probably on THursday to make the deal.  I also originally thought they were in Provo, she said that's where she was and gave me her address then was like oh but they're in Highland.  It was random, but a much closer drive then Provo.  I also may be able to get my hair done with the savings, not at a really nice salon but at the place I've been to before.  It's called Taylor Andrews did I happen to recommend it to anyone?  They sent me a ten dollar certificate for referring someone.  For the life of my I don't know who and everyone I think it could be I asked and they said no, so if it was you please let me know and thank you!  It's a school so its cheaper anyway, plus I'll probably just do a cut and possibly a few more highlights, I haven't decided and probably won't do it for another week or two.  I feel good on all my bargains lately.  Another reason I love KSL is I posted something about taking photographs for people.  I mostly advertised saying for engagement pictures, birthdays or senior pictures.  Well I had my first response someone up in Ogden wanting me to take them for invitations to a quincerra (Dunno how to spell that)  Anyway, I'm charging $25 for an hour sitting fee with pictures on CD and I said anywhere in Salt Lake free, but outside the valley I'd charge to travel.  I"m very excited although nervous its my first non-family paid thing, I don't really count the Jazz because they don't have to buy the pictures and taking them for my work people don't pay either.  We'll see how it goes.  If anyone knows of people in need of a photographer send them my way and I"ll give them a screaming good deal.  Haha that was cheesy.  Anyway, last night Sam invited me with her family to the Desert Star Theater in Murray.  They do spoof plays off things.  The one we went to was American Fork Idol.  I honestly don't remember the last time I laughed that hard.   Thanks again Sam, it was hilarious and I want to go to more of them.  On Saturday I had quite the busy day.  I shot the Jazz game.  Originally the guy was supposed to meet me there to give me more cards because I had maybe 20, which wouldn't last the night.  He called me right before the game saying he couldn't make it, still shoot it and I could just enjoy the game.  Well I also had a party for Newsbreak that night I didn't think I'd make.  So I shot before the game and pretty sure I was the only person leaving not going into the arena.  It was a good bar-b-que.  The class gets really close and its fun being able to still hang out outside the classroom.  Everyone is always about helping each other out and its a lot of fun, one of the best experiences of college.  It was at a local sportscasters house and guess what he had.  One of Shaq's old shoes.  Check this thing out.  My size 8 foot was honestly half its size.  That's a guys arm holding it up too not mine.  I couldn't believe how huge it was, the picture almost doesn't do it justice.


Next, which should really come first, is school.  I'm right in the middle of all the craziness.  Tomorrow is the last day of classes.  Today I took a final and turned in a paper for my political science class.  Since I"ve turned into a little procrastinator lately I had to get up at 5:30 this morning after staying up until 1:00 to finish it.  I had started it last week, but just never could get out what I wanted to say.  Well around 9:00 this morning, remember the paper is due at 10:45 I'm still at home and need to drive the half hour to school.  My computer lost three pages of it.  yeah let's just say I was a little mad.  I frantically tried to remember what I wrote and things I had changed.  I feel ok about it, I was very nervous for the test too but that actually went really good, much much better then I expected.  We got in there before he gave the test said just so you know many people take this class stop coming and never drop it.  So  I have to grade on  a very generous curve.  He said in the past generally it raises everyone a full letter grade.  I could have kissed the guy I was so happy.  It also calmed my nerves for the test, I get really nervous with them.  He said as long as we've been coming and doing fairly well you can expect an A but no guarantees.  This class was the one I was worried about.  I generally do really well in all my classes, but have just one a semester that ruins a 4.0 something I've never had in college.  Well maybe I can go out with a bang and get it this semester.  How crazy would that be, most credits I've ever taken, last semester, working the most I've worked and pull that off.  That might deserve another surprise from myself.  Haha anyway, I'm on the downward slope of crazy assignments.  I still have quite a bit to do, but that paper and final worried me the most.  Well I think that's about it.  Sorry so long I just had a lot going on and a lot of updates.  

0 comments: