Saturday, April 18, 2009

Tales from the week

What a crazy week!  I have lots of pictures to share to document what's been happening.  I can't take credit for this first picture, I actually had no idea it had been taken until someone tagged me on my Facebook with it.  It's during my Newsbreak class.  This is when I was on graphics and I was typing everyone's name into the computer for credits and anchors, stuff like that.  I know you can only see the back of me, but it gives you a glimpse into what I talk about with Newsbreak.


Next, Friday was the last day of elementary engineering week.  I am soo excited.  It was very exhausting.  I took some pictures for them with my camera.  That was kind of nice I could focus on that and only had to help with a few activities the two days I brought it with me.  JJ also helped Friday and both of us had it up to our necks with work so we decided to go to lunch.  Well, after all was said and done we ended up eating leftovers at her house, we grabbed Sun and all three of us went to the What a Woman Wants conference down at Southtowne Expo Center.  It was actually pretty fun.  I got this pen set that you can do nail designs with.  I practiced on Chalice because she went to prom today, let's just say their pictures make it seem a lot easier.  We also saw this



Does anyone else find it as random as I that they would have a camo shower at a women's show?  The only thing we figured is it'd be something for the wife's to show their husbands saying hey we could get this before they showed them all the receipts of stuff they got there.  JJ got this cool cutter thing that like slices it and Sun got a really pretty necklace I was very jealous of.  Well on the way home we pass by a Ford dealership having a Mustang show.  Well of course they had to let the little kids do a test drive.  I must say I thought it was pretty funny.


Today, I helped JJ and Jacob get their pictures for graduation.  They haven't told me what ones are they favorite (Jacob had his computer and took my card right there and uploaded them)  But this is one I thought turned out pretty good.  Since they're both graduating they're doing a combined announcement they're making themselves.  I won't give too much more, don't want to ruin the surprise for what they end up sending.  It was hard because the wind was blowing their tassles around and someone kept making mean faces :) plus the sun made it sort of hard too.

Tonight was Chalice's prom.  I know big surprise Blake asked her.  They were running late so I got some pictures after they went to dinner.  I also uploaded them online and had some printed one-hour so his mom could actually see them (they didn't have time to run show her Chalice's dress)  They were pretty good about going wherever.  I liked a few for different reasons.  In one the sun overexposed a lot of the background but I was able to get the color on them to really pop out.  Then another was very natural.  Anyway here's some examples I can't remember what ones I even printed.



Well that about sums up lately.  Lot's of picture taking, I'll have to share some of what I took for work and homework.  I spent three good solid hours today and barely touched the pile.  I got everything needed for Monday, which is nice no big pressure.  I don't have any finals during finals week so its a big push this next week and a half to finish everything.  But I definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel and once I'm done with these last tests and projects, I'm completely done, which is a very good thing to be!

0 comments: