Sunday, April 05, 2009

Where did the weekend go...






Wow the weekend has come and is almost gone, doesn't seem fair how that happens.  I had quite the eventful time.  Friday was my grandmother's 80th birthday.  I had my camera with me since I was going straight to shoot the Jazz game.  I happened to pull it out and grab a few candid shots.  After I uploaded them I wish I had done better at getting everyone's picture on there, but I'll just have to remember that for next time.  Both sides of my family and especially my immediate family has not been the best with capturing memories with pictures.  I hope to break that chain and be the one.  The first one is my wonderful Grandmother.  The next are my two great-aunts on my Dad's side Gwen and Milly.  The next is my Grandma's two brothers, Dennis and Gary (Milly and Gwen's husbands respectively)  Then my Grandfather and his brother Stirling.  Finally my little sister and her boyfriend of a year and a half now Blake.  I also took pictures for my announcements.  I'm not a fan of having my picture taken that's why I stay behind the camera, so I mainly just wanted to get it over with.  I think I got a few good shots with JJ's help and now I won't have to worry about it.  I had another scary driving experience this weekend.  I swear I'm like a magnet for car accidents (I'm going on the record now saying not one of them I've been in has ever been my fault)  I was on the freeway rocking out to my sweet 80's music of Rick Springfield's Jessie's Girl (yeah I totally was a product of the 80's although at times I think I should have been born earlier because I love the Beach Boys and the Beatles.)  I was probably going a tad bit too fast, but nothing outrageous.  I put my blinker on gave the three second courtesy then proceeded to change lanes.  As I was about halfway over this car going 50mph in the next lane over decides it wants to get over too.  Well they didn't see me nor give the three second warning.  Luckily I saw it and was able to swerve back over.  I always say I have little guardian angles over me and I will continue to say that.  At times I can't believe some of the accidents I've avoided.  Another good thing about this weekend was watching conference.  This is the first time I made a conscious effort to watch all of it.  I was able to besides about 10 minutes of both Saturday's and Sunday's morning sessions because I was in the shower.  I also tried to pay attention and pick things out of each talk that could be applied to my life.  One of my favorites was (I can't remember his name) but the person of the seventy that talked about change.  I feel that is such a huge thing for me right now because I'm forced to make a lot of change pretty soon.  I find comfort knowing I will only grow from it.  I also love President Monson.  He's always been on of my favorites so any of his talks and especially his stories I just love.  Another thing I did was actually watch what KSL plays in between Sunday's conferences.  I loved the special on the Draper Temple.  Cameron and I were able to go to the open house which I'm so grateful for and how lucky we are to have it so close.  I knew some of the history, but to hear it all was fascinating.  Some of the shots they had especially from the sky were just breathtaking.  I plan in the near future to go there and it almost has become my favorite temple over Salt Lake.  Although I love them all.  Well that's about it for my weekend.  I did clean and vacuum my room, which it desperately needed.  I did not do near the homework I hoped, but plan to work on that soon.  I have a busy week ahead including a broadcasters job fair at school wish my luck.  Well I hope you all enjoyed your weekends and maybe they didn't go by as fast as mine.

1 comments:

Le Fabuleux destin d'Alex said...

I heart the 80's too! :) they rock! But you know, if funny cause the talk about change spoke to me too and made my parents listen twice!