Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blue nail polish?

I feel lately like I do the same post each week, but that’s sort of how my life is lately just about the same thing sometimes at different times or a few different people, but basically the same thing.  I had another good weekend Friday I had an interview (still crossing my fingers on) then later that night went with Mallory, Sam, Shelley and Kathy swimming and sit in the hot tub.  It was soo nice, I haven’t been in a hot tub in months.  We then got some ice cream and watched the video from when Sam and Mallory were hypnotized.  It was ok, but they cut out all the funny parts, either showing the audience or people who weren’t doing anything.  It was also out of focus half the time, I’m telling you I should start up a videography thing if people like that can sell theirs.  On Saturday I went with Mallory to do baptisms at the Draper temple.  I haven’t been in it since the open house, it’s very nice inside one of my new favorite temples.  You can definitely tell we’re in Utah and it’s summer because we saw soo many brides.  We then went back to our houses and she came over later for a sleepover.  Sunday was spent relaxing and preparing for the new week.  I have two funny stories of compliments I’ve received which are nice, but on the other hand leave me going ok…weird.  So I was at the temple and came out wrapped up in the towel.  Well one of the nice little temple workers goes you have beautiful color skin, your tan is just the perfect color.  I was like oh um thanks.  It was very nice of her, but something you don’t expect to hear and especially not at the temple.  Then I was getting a diet coke at the McD’s drive-thru which was oddly crowded I remember thinking for the time of day it was.  I get up to take my drink and the guy stops me he’s all I really like your sunglasses.  Now I’ve gotten you have pretty eyes before, but sunglasses, that’s kinda random.  He started asking where I got them, how much I had to pay and have an entire conversation as I’m looking in my mirror thinking no wonder there’s a line if the guy here compliments everyone.  It was very nice of him, but totally random.  Well back to work I go, we’ve had a lot of good donations (although none have topped my Kyle Korver picture-this includes La Caille giving us $1,000) and I’m keeping busy with it all.  I got here very early this morning and am leaving early to get my car estimated to finally fix the damage from that accident in December.  Well enjoy the middle part of the week! PS I have a new love for nail polish, I used to wear it all the time as a kid then got sick of it, but now love it again.  I got this awesome blue color this time!

1 comments:

Betty's Blessings said...

Blue Nail Polish?
You really have been busy this past week, and both of your compliments were very unusual. Maybe people are beginning to get more friendly than usual. Your Favorite Grandmother