Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cars...are they worth it?

Sad day this week my car rolled over 100,000 miles.  I got it at 69,000 three years ago, so I am doing pretty good.  I consider myself a pretty good car taker care person (yeah totally just made up that phrase) but with this monumental roll-over I knew there was some bucks to get it up to date on the maintenance.  I just so lucked out the insurance company finally contacted me from the other driver of the accident I was in December.  Since it was just some damage on the back, it wasn't worth it to go through my insurance first and really it wasn't too bad looking.  Well, I received the claim money this week (really not much but it works) and decided since its older anyway I'm not going to fix it well at least not anytime soon.  So I took it to get it aligned (something it desperately needed)  More money then I would have liked and two hours later, they gave me a list of things I should have replaced on my car.  It was legitimate stuff that I knew if I didn't get fixed would cost more in the long run.  I've taken it to a little mechanic who is fast and usually cheaper then the dealer.  I called him Thursday morning, he got me in and out same day, two hundred cheaper then the dealer and did a little more then the dealer was going to do.  I was happy although I spent about 800 on it this week, but at least I feel comfortable with it, safe and more then likely saved myself some money before the things actually caused problems.  Of other news this week I tried Smash Burgers.  The hamburger was amazing, the smash fries a little weird I admit.  They had like seasoning that was a little too crazy for me so if you go maybe try without that and just get regular.  I think I'm still a bigger fan of Five Guys.  Although In N Out is supposed to be coming, I've never been but hear it's amazing.  Well hope everyone starts their week off good, I'm still waiting on that interview and been crossing fingers all weekend....

0 comments: