Wednesday, August 05, 2009

So...

Well, so much for trying to have a positive week.  Today I called the principal of the school for the after school program coordinator.  Well, let me back up.  We've been emailing and finally last Friday at 5:50 she sent me an email saying yes call me at this number at the school.  I found it weird being a Friday so late, but tried it (my phone pushes my email to me within minutes usually if I'm paying attention) and no answer.  I figured that's fine I'll try Monday.  I called Monday around 11:00 the secretary said she wasn't in so I left my information including two numbers she could reach me at and waited.  Tuesday still nothing so I tried again sometime early afternoon.  No one at the school answered so I tried today Wednesday.  I figured if she wasn't there/didn't answer then I"d send an email saying I've tried to get in contact and give her my number for her to try me at her earliest convenience (plus I know she had my phone number from the guy I work with...)  Well, she finally answered, she didn't know who I was at first.  I explained and she's like oh well I never heard back from you and we really needed to get moving on this so I've hired someone else.  I'm like what the heck!  Normally I'd let things go, but not this it's not fair because she has a not very responsible secretary that I don't get the job and now I look like the one who never calls her.  Plus, you don't find and hire someone within three days.  She then was like well do you still want to hear about it in case the other person doesn't work out.  I did, not quite sure why.  But can you believe that?  I was in my car talking to myself like I"m so mad how did this happen.  I'm really really trying to stay positive, but it's hard to when stuff like this keeps happening where it's out of my control and I possibly could have gotten it.  I just have to figure something else that's totally amazing is out there and just waiting for the right opportunity.  And I have been lucky I have had the perfect summer job.  They even asked if I'd stay through part of September to train the new people (can't remember if I mentioned that before) unless I get something else I"m not obligated.  What kind of job says that?  Plus I work whenever I want, which has been awesome for the summer.  So, I'll just keep thinking positive maybe I just need to learn "life lessons" or something or have these experiences for future relief society moments, who knows?

1 comments:

Betty's Blessings said...

RELIEF SOCIETY MOMENTS!?!?!?!? I don't blame you for being upset, you should be. Just don't let it push you into some dumb depression or even worse felony activities. You will survive (I hope).