Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm an idiot

Well, as the nurse said when it rains it pours.  On Tuesday night I decided kinda last minute to go country dancing.  (back up for a sec) I had just stopped wearing the splint on Monday and it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.  I mean it hurt a little, but finally felt like it was healing.  I was dancing with my friend during a couple's line dance.  The guy normally dips you after every song, but not the line dances, well he decided to this time.  I wasn't ready for it making me off balance and when I realized what he tried to do I said no, no dip, but it was too late.  He tried to catch me and I really felt bad for him because he felt so bad, but on the ground I landed.  I of course tried to catch myself with my already hurt hand.  Needless to say it wasn't such a good thing.  After it swelling up pretty good, my fingers going tingly and a very sharp pain I decided to go back to the doctor.  Good news its not broken (although I hear sometimes its easier to heal if it is broken), I did bruise the bone and she said I just banged it up pretty good.  I'm back in the splint for another week, I'm supposed to take the anti-inflammatory medicine (She could feel where its swelling around the bone) and I decided I'm taking it much easier this time.  I won't do anything stupid and I"ll be better about wearing it.  Even if it gets hot and annoying.  I'll see how it is in another week and if it's still bad go to the orthopedic doc.  I have faith it'll be better then new in a week though.  So there's my story for the day.  Lidia said maybe it's my shoes?  I'm not sure about that maybe it's the idiot wearing the shoes who was doing things I shouldn't have in the first place.

0 comments: