Sunday, December 14, 2008

Life's moving right along

As I'm sitting here on a Sunday afternoon of course checking facebook and updating my blog I realized how crazy life is going to get in the next few months. Assuming I get into at least one of these schools, it's going to mean huge changes. Granted I'll still be in school which I've been doing since I was 5, but grad school I think will require a different mindset then I have been for the last 16 years of my life. And that's just the start of it. If I go to BYU more then likely that will mean a change of job and moving down there. The U I'd have to find a job ( I don't think I can have this one as a grad student) possibly being a TA or something. If I don't go to either place that means finding a real person's job or something full time which will be really hard with how the economy is going right now. I was so excited today I met with the bishop and got my paper signed to go to BYU, it was an interesting interview to say the least he just kind of signed it and went over their dresscode with me and asked if I read the honor code. I was like yeah haha. I also asked for a temple recommend. He thought I meant to get my endowments out so he was saying I"m not sure I"ll have to talk to the stake president I"m not sure how far out they let you before you get married unless of course you're going on a mission. I was like whoa wait all to do baptism's. That's when we realized our miscommunication. It had me worried thinking I was that bad he had to check with the stake president first. I'm really excited to finally have a current one. I know it's bad, but I just never think to go in to get it renewed. I just put it off and kind of forget about it. I hope to make a CHristmas (no not New Year's because I need to start before New Year's) to go to the temple more often. I'll start out slow, not say like three times a week or anything, but maybe twice a month and progress from there. I think it will help with making the decisions I'll be required to make in the next few months. All this change may begin to be overwhelming, but I know in the end it will all work out. Well wow this post took a totally different direction then I meant for it to take, sometimes I feel mine our little journal entries and possibly stuff I shouldn't write for everyone to see but oh well and other peoples blogs are so cute saying exciting stuff they do with pictures, but I just don't seem to have anything too exciting going on anyway yeah enjoy your Sunday!

2 comments:

Marie Allen said...

By me posting this you probably think I have no life at all, but the truth is that I check your blog every day to see if there's something new. You may think your life is ordinary, but to me it's exciting to find out what people in my "hometown" are doing. I think your blog is entertaining. It was actually Melissa who told me that you have a blog. I want to commend you for being such a hard worker and setting goals. You're making good use of your bright mind. I wish you much success and happiness. You will be good at anything you set your mind on. Keep blogging!

KayCee Burnside said...

Marie,
Oh wow thank you so much, I had no idea Melissa even knew I had one that's kind of funny. Well thanks for reading and thanks for the faith somedays it sure doesn't feel worth it, but as I see my goals slowly reached it is! I also appreciate all you did to shape me into who I am. I loved Young Women's and I know I wasn't always expressing that so I just wanted to let you know. Feel free to email me kayceepup@Hotmail.com and keep reading!