Saturday, December 13, 2008

Snowy Saturday

After spending the day reading a book from cover to cover I decided I like snowy days. Granted it wasn't much fun when we finished the radio show (I was out the door had both hours uploaded to the website by 10:04 thank you very much) and it was an insane blizzard, by the time I scraped one side of my car off the other side got completely covered again, but I realized I like snowy blizzard condition days. I remember last year it seemed anytime it snowed I had to go to work or school or some party I just couldn't miss, but today nothing. I grabbed my blanket, slippers ( a few too many diet cokes) and just enjoyed being lazy. Now this strictly goes against my rules of no "fun" reading until the semester is over but I figured since I"m taking the GRE right before school starts in January I won't have free time anyway. Yes, I do have a final test on Monday and have to finish two papers but eh who cares. After reading I've had a new ambition to start creative writing. I'm sure it's something that will just die out in a little while, but it doesn't hurt to start some of my own creations. I know I won't be the next J.K Rowling (first off I don't have to write it on napkins) or Stephenie Meyer, but I think it'd be fun and in a way therapeutic. Now nothing could have made this day more perfect but a diet coke from sonic and sugar cookie mmmm, but your days can only be so good.

0 comments: