Monday, April 07, 2008

A lesson Learned

Well, for those who haven't read the post right before this one make sure you do before you read this.  I will never again say I had a boring day or I need something more exciting to happen.  When I was jumping out of my car to go to class I thought I didn't have my phone with me so I quickly looked in my purse and there it was.  I was running late so I was hurrying to class as fast as I could.  There's a part I have to walk through where they're doing construction, there's always noise going on in that area and I thought I heard something in the trees, but I really didn't think much of it.  I get to class and go to pull my phone out to put it on silent when I realized it wasn't there.  I didn't really think too much of it, I figured when I thought I saw it in my purse it was maybe just my keys or something(remember earlier I said I left it in the car and I felt like I was missing a lifeline)  Anyway, so I finished class and went to my car when I realized my phone wasn't in there.  I dumped my purse, my bad, everything out looking for it when I realized it wasn't there.  I decided to retrace my steps.  I got all the way back to my first class, the first place I remembered not having it, but there was a class in there.  I decided maybe if I called it someone would happen to answer it.  So, I go to the little free campus phone and right as it's about to go to the message machine a guy answers.  He's like hi are you looking for KayCee.  I said yes and he goes on to explain how he found the phone and called a number on it(my house) and also emailed me.  I guess he found it in that construction spot I was talking about.  So, finally I said well I am KayCee and he said great let's get you your phone back.  He works in a downtown office and said he'd go outside and wait for me.  It was funny as soon as I pulled up he knew it was me(I guess a bug driving in some office complex tips you off)  Anyway, I thanked him and when I got home I emailed him back asking if there was anything I could do for him since he had to leave his work to get it back to me I also asked how he knew my name and email.  All he said was the campus directory so I still have no idea how he figured out my full name because to use that you need at least the last name to find anyone oh well I got it back and that's the most important part.  I truly thought since it's an iPhone no way would someone turn it in.  He easily could have sold it or kept it for himself so I guess all this time of being honest and doing the right thing has paid off.  Moving on to another story so I was sitting waiting for my second class to start and this older woman also in the class comes over to me to show me pictures of her new granddaughter born last week.  We were talking and she immediately said you're not married are you.  I said nope I"m not.  She then goes on to say she has a son also going to the U who's not married and she really wants him to be and how great of a guy he is.  I kind of laughed to myself I don't know what I'd do if my mom went to the same school as me and tried setting me up with people in her classes.  I just kind of smiled not really saying anything to her about it(I'm sure whoever the son is would just die if he knew his mom did that), but yeah we'll see if she brings it back up because she's never ever talked to me before today.  Anyway, those are my stories for the day and I'm never again going to say it was boring for fear of what would happen.

0 comments: