Thursday, April 17, 2008

Two days in one

Well when I should be doing about ten trillion other things I thought you all would enjoy an update since I didn't get the chance yesterday and I didn't want 10 emails about why I didn't do it.  I'm ok no worries  I just have been busy.  So, I"ll take you back to yesterday I went to work although truthfully my mind wasn't there whatsoever, I had a bunch of other things I needed to take care of.  This was the day of my presentation and although I was up late the night before looking over things I just wasn't as comfortable with the topic and it is a much larger class then the one I did the presentation for last week.  To make matters wore when we were finishing up last minute details outside of the classroom the teacher walks out with three students who presented last week.  I only heard bits of the conversation but the basic story was part of their paper(we have to write a 5 page group paper along with the presentation) I guess was plagiarized.  She was all I thought I recognized this I went online and found the exact copy verbatim.  Now, I'm not sure if this was a group decision to copy or one student putting their piece as that and the others didn't know.  It totally scared me because I've been in tons of groups and even this one we each wrote our own piece then someone just transitioned it together.  I wouldn't know if someone else got their stuff from the internet.  I have no idea what will happen because the University has very strict policies to the point of failing the course or being kicked out so who knows.  So, after hearing this it was in the back of my mind the entire presentation.  I did ok, although I mostly read from my notes but one other girl who didn't show up for our last meeting and is rarely in class when she was doing her part froze midsentence and was shaking.  She had to sit down and someone else finished.  There are a lot of outspoken people in class but our group didn't get any of them.  We all finished our parts in like 20 minutes but luckily we did a class discussion which dragged it to about 40 so we called it good.  I then went to take care of some things at the financial aid office.  I was turning in an application for summer aid and the girl told me I received my maximum fall and spring because of the tuition scholarship I had.  I was pretty mad because I really wasn't budgeting to pay for summer tuition I know next year the scholarship I have will pay for about half tuition all year so I'm ok to pay the other part, but now I"m not sure I can afford summer.  I'm going through many debates on what to do.  I could just get a full time job that pays more then I get now and work like crazy through the summer without doing school.  By the time fall/spring come around I can go to school like crazy taking a ton of hours and not work, but live off what I make this summer then I'll still be able to graduate in spring.  Another option get an internship like I was talking about and only take one class although the frustrating thing is you have to pay all the fees upfront so one class is about a thousand bucks.  Another option just stick with the job I have but work a little more.  The last two options I'm not sure if I can graduate when I want to, it might drag out another semester which I"m not sure if I want to do that, we'll see what plays out.  I then headed home and just caught up on some things I needed to do here.  My dad had knee surgery yesterday so he got home not to long after that.  My mom and grandpa had helped him at the hospital and we had to get him situated here and hooked up to some sort of machine.  It was pretty cool because the doctor who did his operation operated on Tiger Woods knee the day before.  Anyway, my mom went to a bookclub meeting so we just hung out here although he kept getting visitors and people calling.  We also had the Jazz game on, wow that was a sad game but hey they're still in the playoffs I guess.  I then just went to bed.  This morning I also had to help get him situated downstairs and was a little late to work which I felt bad about but that's how life goes.  I worked and now I"m home. I think I"m going to a wedding reception tonight and then I need to start my massive amount of homework. I asked for next Wednesday off and I got it so I'm pretty happy I can get a lot of stuff taken care of. I've got so many decision to make within the next few weeks and its scary but we'll see how things go. Another crazy thing happened at work. So I'm not meaning to go all crazy spiritual or anything but it was pretty cool. So, we're supposed to get at least one upsell a month at work. You think not so hard but sometimes it is just because we get really busy and it's scary to ask if they are interested in our products. So anyway today a kid came in with only $100 overdraft, which isn't very much at all. It counts as an upsell if we ask to increase it I did and he wanted to. I was very excited because he even stayed to fill out the application sometimes we can get them interested in it, but they never bring the application back. I'll know probably early next week but more then likely something like that will be approved especially because he already has one with us. Also, we are promoting our super low auto rates right now 4.9% I know come see me if you want this sweet deal. We have a bunch of flags around our branch and a member in drive thru asked if there's a race going on. I told him about the low rates and if he was interested. He said sure so I was able to give him an application. Now, two possible upsells in one day is pretty crazy good. THe whole reason why is earlier this morning I was thinking it's nearing the end of the month and I knew I didn't have anything. I said a little prayer that I could have some luck getting anything for this month. Now think of that two in one day??? I don't think it's coincidence. Anyway, all in all pretty good day so far hope you all enjoy your day!

0 comments: